Skip to content

SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY

MARÉE COLLABORATES ONLY WITH CAREFULLY SELECTED MANUFACTURERS WHO SHARE OUR PASSION FOR SUSTAINABILITY, QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP AND FAIR WORKING CONDITIONS.

our loyalty towards our suppliers is very important. We have been working with our production facilities for decades, and thus for us they practically form part of our family. The relationships with our partner companies are characterised by trust. We think that sustainability also includes the creation of equal conditions for all workers.

Our representative agents regularly visit our production facilities and are in constant contact with us and our suppliers.

The majority of our Marée garments are manufactured in a small, woman-run production facility in the heart of India. Great importance is attached to a pleasant working atmosphere, good working climate, personal demands and individual development. We managed to build a strong personal relationship with the owner of our production site to ensure that our ethical standard is continually met.
This production site is now under the process of BSCI certification.

CHINESE PRODUCTS ARE OFTEN VIEWED IN A BAD LIGHT, BUT WE BELIEVE IT IS WRONG TO TAR EVERY PRODUCTION SITE WITH THE SAME BRUSH, SINCE ONE CAN FIND GOOD AND BAD MANUFACTURERS ACROSS EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY AROUND THE GLOBE.

WE AND OUR AGENTS VISIT OUR PRODUCTION SITES IN CHINA IN PERSON, WHICH HAS LED TO FAIR AND LONG-LASTING COLLABORATIONS THROUGHOUT THE YEARS.

OF OUR SUPPLIERS IN CHINA, 95% HAVE JOINED BSCI AMFORI, WHICH IS THE WORLD’S LEADING TRADE ASSOCIATION FOR OPEN AND SUSTAINABLE TRADE, IN ORDER TO STRENGTHEN OUR COMMITMENT TO SOCIAL AND ECOLOGICAL RESPONSIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE IN OUR SUPPLY CHAIN. THE REMAINING 5% ARE IN THE PROCESS OF AUDITING.

THE AIM OF THE BSCI IS TO IMPROVE WORKING CONDITIONS AROUND THE WORLD. MEMBERS OF THE BSCI UNDERTAKE TO APPLY THE BSCI CODE OF CONDUCT IN THEIR SUPPLY CHAIN. THE SUPPLIERS ARE CHECKED REGULARLY BY INDEPENDENT TESTING ORGANISATIONS.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS AND SUPPLIERS FOR THEIR LOYALTY AND SUPPORT, WHICH HELPED US TO BECOME THE BRAND WE ARE TODAY.